SPC EMD G517 is a premium LMOA Generation 5, high alkaline reserve, 17 Base Number, zinc-free diesel engine oil formulated to provide superior performance in modern high output railroad diesel engines burning very high sulphur fuel.
SPC EMD G517 meets the following performance requirements:
• LMOA “Generation 5” Specification
SPC EMD G517 provides the following benefits:
• High TBN content which enhances performance to keep engine running cleaner, smoother and longer.
• Contains excellent detergency and dispersancy to resist formation of lacquer, varnish, sludge and other deposits in the engine system.
• Prevents piston rings sticking and keeps piston clean.
• Resists oil oxidation under high temperature operation.
• Excellent antirust and anticorrosion properties to protect the engine against corrosion from arduous acidic by-products of combustion.
• Excellent anti-wear properties to prevent premature failure.
• Provide the most effective antiwear protection available for silver and bronze metallurgy.
• Good antifoam properties to ensure continuous supply of lubricating oil to the system.
• Protects EMD Silver bearings with special additives package.
SPC EMD G517 is suitable for use in normally aspirated and supercharged diesel engines operating under very severe conditions. It is recommended for locomotive diesel engines using silver bearings and burning high sulphur fuel.
SPC EMD G517
SAE Grade: 40
Viscosity, Kinematic at 40 deg C, cSt: 145, at 100 deg C, cSt: 15.2
Viscosity Index: 100
Flash Point, COC, deg C: 243
Pour Point, deg C: -12
TBN, mg KOH/g: 17.5
Specific Gravity, 15/15 deg C: 0.91