SPC HEAT TRANSFER OIL 4A is formulated from selected paraffinic base stocks used for heat transfer systems. It has excellent oxidation and thermal stability and is able to withstand decomposition.
SPC HEAT TRANSFER OIL 4A provides the following benefits:
• Resists to high-temperature degradation
• Prevents deposit and sludge formation
• Prevents deposit and sludge formation during operation starts
• Maintains good demulsibility and air-separation performance
• Prevents the formation of steam and air bubbles at the hottest points
• Exhibits good oxidation resistance and high temperature stability
SPC HEAT TRANSFER OIL 4A is recommended for all ‘open’ or ‘closed’ system with:
• Maximum operating temperature for open systems is 200°C.
• Maximum operating temperature for closed systems (sealed with cold oil or inert gas) is 320°C.
When starting-up a new unit or restarting an existing unit after maintenance, and also in the case of irregular operation at normal temperature caused by residual moisture in the oil, the temperature of the unit should be reduced to around 100°C and all the steam blown off before returning to the normal working temperature.
SPC HEAT TRANSFER OIL 4A
Viscosity, Kinematic at 40 deg C, cSt: 43.9, at 100 deg C, cSt: 6.8
Viscosity index: 98
Specific Gravity, 15/15 deg C: 0.850
Flash Point, COC, deg C: 225
Pour Point, deg C: -9